Please see our current job vacancies advertised on SEEK – Clinician roles currently available.
~ est. 2005 ~
Secure Employment, Award Conditions, Reflective Practice, Work-Life Balance, Building Your Career for the Long-Term.
- Permanent employment with full Award conditions plus performance bonuses providing you with a guaranteed income regardless of whether or not clients turn up, paid annual leave, paid personal (“sick”) leave, and superannuation, PLUS additional paid PD leave, full Reception and clinical support, full insurance cover for work done at PsychSessions, and all of the facilities you need (computer, cloud-based practice management software, phone, fax, copier, at-call IT support, etc.). Enquiries from people seeking work under an Independent Contractor Agreement and/or 100% telehealth from your own premises anywhere in Australia are also welcome.
- Reflective-practice seeing 5-clients per day to support client outcomes, high clinical and business ethical standards, and to protect your work life balance with a view to building and sustaining your career in the long-term
- For full-time employees: Paid quality AHPRA-approved Supervision or Peer Consultation (whichever is relevant) to meet your AHPRA requirements regardless of whether you are a Clinical Psychology Registrar, 5+1 Intern, or (Clinical) Psychologist. Part-time employees receive a pro rata amount of paid supervision/peer consultation in accordance with the fraction of full time that they work.
- A stable well-established practice that has been supporting newly graduated psychologists, Registrars, Interns, and students on supervised placements for the past 15 years, as well as helping to advance the careers of our early, mid-, and advanced career psychologist and clinical psychologists.
Note: We also have a close collaboration with the Canberra Sleep Clinic – the leading medical sleep facility in the ACT and surrounding region – so we are uniquely situated to provide multidisciplinary sleep assessment and treatment in coordination with them. Talk to us about joining our Sleep Program to participate. Registrars and Interns welcome! We provide training and support for people just starting out in Sleep Therapy who wish to establish this as their niche area of practice.
We are seeking competent clinical psychologists, psychologists, and Interns to provide evidence-based face-to-face therapy in our Canberra City clinic for 2 to 5 days per week (after-hours and weekend work also available). Enquiries from people seeking work under an Independent Contractor Agreement and/or 100% telehealth from your own premises anywhere in Australia are also welcome.
Successful applicants will be responsible for all aspects of providing therapy to their own client load. They will also enjoy the support of similarly focused colleagues, including our support staff, management team, and Director, as well as the security of working for an established practice with a strong referral base and good reputation.
We are looking for applicants who are enthusiastic, able to work autonomously, and who enjoy being part of a supportive team.
Hours: From 2 to 5 days per week, optional Saturdays and/or evenings, at negotiable times, starting soon.
Essential eligibility requirements:
- an appropriate post-graduate degree in Psychology or equivalent
- full (unconditional) registration with the Psychology Board of Australia
- eligibility for registration with Medicare to provide psychology services.
- A Master of Professional Psychology (MPP) degree or equivalent and eligibility to enter the PsychBA 5+1 Internship program
Details supplied on request.
Ask about our current incentive package for Full-time Registrars including all clinical supervision, a free laptop, and fully funded conference attendance!
Please provide your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PsychSessions acknowledges the traditional owners of the lands upon which our clinicians practice, and pays respect to Elders past, present, and emerging.